Friday, November 16, 2012

The Twinkie is dead, long live the Twinkie

Hostess, the Irving-based maker of "Twinkies," is going out of business, reported AP. See more background on the company's demise. Though I ate their products as a kid, today I can't think of a thing these folks make that I'd miss if their products were taken off the shelves. From what I read, it sounds like company management pretty much brought this on themselves. I'm sorry for the 18,500 workers nationwide who might lose their jobs, and I don't think anytime soon that the word "Twinkie" will exit the American lexicon. But wouldn't be sorry to see Twinkies and their ilk exit the American diet.

2 comments:

welovebryce said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
welovebryce said...
This comment has been removed by the author.